Hawaii

Today I'm dreaming of Hawaii

The beautiful sandy beaches to the rocky ones that require a little more maneuvering 
The clear, blue water that allows you to see underneath you
The water where I saw sea turtles, dolphins, and lots of fish
Hanauma Bay where you can snorkel and enjoy the underwater wildlife
Zip lining through the trees and beautiful greenery
Paddle boarding through the ocean
And my favorite thing of all - coconuts
Sweet fresh coconuts, cut and prepared right in front of you 
The sun beating down warming your skin 
The breeze ever so gentle 
The ocean air bringing peace
Peace is what I feel when I think of Hawaii


This summer will be my third trip to Hawaii - praying it still happens with this virus going on. My first trip I was probably 5 but I still remember the joy I felt, and the peace that came with being on the island. My second trip I was about 16, and again nothing but pure joy and peace. It truly is a sweet escape, my family rents a house on the less touristy side of the island where we can really relax. It's a sweet escape and exactly what I'm wanting to do right now, just get some peace. Hawaii, I can't wait for you!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful description of a wonderful place. I've only visited Hawaii once, and your description is extremely precise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice description. I have never been to Hawaii but I got the gist - the peaceful grace of nature. And good food! I hope that you will get to go, but at least you have a little taste of Hawaii in your mind you can visit on gloomy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful dream! I hope your vacation plans don't change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hawaii-I lived there for 3 years. I love your description of Hawaii. I want to go back to Hawaii, especially after reading this post. I pray your plans are not changed and you get the enjoy Hawaii for a third time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me dream of Hawaii. The sweet smell of flowers in the air and everything else you described. I remember once wanting to live there. What a blessing to be able to return.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To finding the good

Sunday drives